Assistants (m/f/o) with focus on international journals
- Work experience
- Office, administration, processing
- Published: 2023-06-23
Job ID:Â 918
Thieme Â is a leading supplier of information and services contributing to the improvement of healthcare and health. Employing more than 1,000 staff, the family-owned company develops products and services in digital and other media for the medical and chemistry sectors. Operating internationally with offices in 11 cities worldwide, the Thieme Group works closely with a strong network of experts and partners. The products and services are based on the high-quality content of Thieme's 200 journals and 4,400 books. With solutions for professionals, Thieme supports relevant information processes in research, education, and patient care. Medical students, physicians, nurses, allied health specialists, hospitals, health insurance companies and others interested in health and healthcare are at the focus of ThiemeÂ´s activities. The mission of the Thieme Group is to provide these markets with precisely the information, services, and products they need in their specific work situation and career.We are seeking an enthusiastic and open minded teamplayer for our medical journals publishing team. This is a great opportunity for a dedicated individual to become member of our highly motivated and inspiring team and to support our Senior Director, Executive Editors and the department in the administrative and operational organization.
Start:Â with the next possible date
Contract duration: temporary, 2 years
Working time:Â full and part time
- With your outstanding organizational skills you are responsible for general secretarial and assistance tasks such as mail, telephone, correspondence, address maintenance, invoices as well as scheduling meetings and business trips for the Senior Director, Executive Editors and the department. You enjoy scheduling, organizing and supporting departmental meetings, events and congresses, both domestic and abroad, as well as assisting in the preparation and distribution of meeting agendas and materials.
- You are talented in planning and organizing team events and travel arrangements, both domestic and international, for the Senior Director, Executive Editors and team members.
- Are you a great coordinator? Support us by organizing team meetings including preparation and follow-up (invitations, catering, presentations and minutes) in German and English; Organize team communications and plan events, both internal and off-site.
- You are responsible for the contract management in German and English in close cooperation with the responsible manager.
- Set high quality standards by taking on project-related tasks and constantly developing our processes and systemsÂ in the field of international medical journals in close cooperation with colleagues from the teams; gain experience in the field of project management by managing the social media platforms of the journals â€“ youÂ´ll get the chance toÂ create content for journal websites and newsletters.
- Show your expertise by being a competent and reliable support and contact person for international authors, editors, medical societies and other external cooperation partners as well as close cooperation with colleagues from different publishing divisions and international locations.
- Secretarial, language or commercial training or studies, ideally with experience in an international environment
- Hard-working and dedicated to be responsible for administrative duties to ensure smooth running and efficient processes
- Be a proactive problem solver and team player with exceptional communication skills and meticulous attention for details
- Both experienced handling of modern office communication tools and proficient in MS Office applications; willingness to learn new systems and applications
- Resilience, ability to handle stressful moments, flexibility, service and customer oriented
- High degree of self-organization, as well as confident time and deadline management
- Fluent in English and German (C1 or proficiency)
- Self-confident, loyal and prudent personality
- Become part of a family-owned company which operates worldwide and develops products and services in digital and other media for the medical and chemistry sectors on a high-quality level.
- Join our New Work process - we provide an open working environment where you can be part of the forward-thinking and innovative transformation process which ensures development for the group and each individual.
- We value winning ideas and a proactive attitudeÂ â€“ take the chance to share your exceptional knowledge and experiences and be a part of the development of Thieme.
- Strive for professional growth - our Thieme Academy provides individual training opportunitiesÂ which guarantees your professional and personal development
- You will work in a reputable and employee-friendly family business that encourages open communicationÂ
- Be flexible - the job can be home or office based (depending on candidate location)
- Thieme provides you with a variety of great offers â€“ company pension scheme and other benefits, such as discounts for both cultural events and and media offering.
- Carina HodruĂź
- Talent Acquisition Manager